1. Little Man's 1st Birthday ~ Of course this is on the list! My baby turned 1! That year went by so quickly. As a parent, I am always excited when my kids learn something new or meet a milestone, but it also signals that they are growing up and I am having a hard time with that. Especially with Little Man because I am pretty sure he is our last baby, and he is not really a baby anymore.
2. Visiting Wisconsin to see family & friends ~ We usually make one trip to Wisconsin/Minnesota a year to see all our family and friends. We would love to go more often, but between work schedules and the cost to fly these days, one trip a year is about all we can manage. I love taking this trip. I have great in-laws and I love everyone. It is great to see the kids with their grandparents, great-grandparents, COUSINS!, and other relatives. It also really great to catch up in person with all of our friends because we miss them, too!
4. Halloween - It was Little Man's 1st Halloween and it was the first Halloween that Peanut really "got" the whole dressing up and trick-or-treating. She had so much picking out her costume and dressing up that it made lugging a 20 + pound unhappily costumed baby around the neighborhood while she trick-or-treated.
5. Dad's 60th Birthday ~ My daddy turned 60 in 2010 and we threw him a small surprise party. And he was actually surprised! It really means a lot to me to be close to my parents now that we have kids. I love that they get to spend so much time with their Nana & Papa. I wish they go to spend as much time with their other grandma and grandpa.
6. Seeing my brother ~ Part of the surprise for my dad was my little brother coming in from NYC for the party. Talk a bout HUGE SURPRISE! My folks hadn't seen him since Spring 2009 when he came to visit. I was lucky enough to see him 2x this year - once on a quick trip to Seattle to see friends and he happen to be in town and then when he came home for the party. I was also lucky enough to see my lovely sister-in-law during my Seattle trip because she couldn't make for the party.
7. My girls from Seattle coming to visit ~ I have a village in WA that I love and miss dearly. They are a fantastic group of women and I don't what I would with out them. One has move to STL and we all miss her, too. Anyway, these amazing girls drove out to Boise for a weekend to hang out and cheer me up because I get to feeling pretty lonely sometimes. Thanks ladies, it rocked!
8. My in-laws coming to visit in January to meet Little Man ~ I love my in-laws and it is always great when they visit. But it is even better when they come to visit their new grandson. Because of him, we actually got them to come out 2 times which was great! They are amazing grandparents and I am so happy we got to see them more this year than we usually do.
9. Our 5th Wedding Anniversary ~ It really isn't any crazy milestone (unless your married to me) but I can't believe it has already been 5 years since that amazing day. We celebrated by eating dinner like we do every night with each other and our 2 beautiful kids. Here's to many more.
10. Small, Happy Moments ~We were also thrilled to learn of friends getting engaged, friends finding out they are pregnant and having new babies, friends buying new houses and more! Good news should always be celebrated!
And if you wouldn't mind, we have slipped and would appreciate your vote. It only takes one click. Thanks!!